Back to Main

Week in Review

Written on August 3, 2007 by Rylan & Kaitlyn.

Wow, can't a kid get a bit of sleep around here? What a crazy night it was last night. I was already way in bed but downstairs, mom and dad were having serious troubles getting little Kaitlyn to fall asleep. She just wasn't going for it. They eventually brought her upstairs and she just cried up there as well. After they finally got her settled and asleep, she woke up a bit later crying more. Talk about hectic. Dad took her downstairs and tried to work with her some more and eventually got her to fall asleep totally. He came back up into the room at 3am. Yikes. He had to be up at 5:40am! I don't know if I could do that myself.

Kaitlyn in general has been a lot more fussy lately. She is much more alert now so she ends up not napping as much as she used too. I am trying not to let it effect me but now my mom is having to spend so much time holding her that I sometimes don't get to play with my toys like I used too with my mom. My mom reads to me in the morning though while she is nursing Kaitlyn so that's really fun. When dad comes home, its fun time.

My mom and dad have lived in our house for 2.5years and they had never done any home upgrades. That was until my dad got an itching to get rid of our microwave and replace it with an over the stove one. Of course, my dad is super el cheapo, and he wanted to find one on for a great price. Well it took a few weeks but finally the other day he found one and picked it up for only $30. He said it was a bit overwhelming at first but after he got all the stuff he needed, he was on his way and he basically finished it in a single night all by himself. The thing looks like a million bucks but really only cost $33 total. Can't beat that for a home upgrade. I agree with my dad and think it will help sell our house as well. In the meanwhile though, we get to use the new microwave which actually works better than our old. Yippy.

Well they say there may be more rain this weekend so I am looking forward to that. I had a blast going out in the rain with my dad the other day. I threw a super fit after he brought me back inside. Speaking of tantrums, they are going full throttle now it seems. I can think of 2 things that are likely causing them. One, I don't nap during the day any longer. I'm just so darn busy that sleep is not an option. The second possibility is that I may be teething my last couple of teeth. My mom checked my mouth and didn't notice anything but just yesterday I was drooling all over the place. Am I teething or just a wierdo?

Have a fun weekend.


Write a comment

Remember this information?